There are many reasons a person may experience a headache and each should be managed according to the specific cause. Some causes are persistent and recurring while others may start suddenly and be very severe. As a headache can sometimes be a symptom of dangerous and urgent conditions, it is important for patients who experience headaches to be assessed by their doctors.
Some features of common types of headache include:
- Headache may persist for weeks and can be present throughout the day.
- Mild to moderate severity.
- Pressing or tightening character of pain.
- Not aggravated by routine physical activity.
- Often not responsive to simple analgesics.
- Headache often occurring over a matter of hours.
- May be associated with nausea, vomiting and neurological signs (e.g. tingling or shimmering before the eyes etc)
- The patient is generally ill.
- There is usually fever present.
- Neck stiffness may be present
- This often causes a sudden onset, severe headache.
- Often localized but may be diffuse.
- May be associated with symptoms like vomiting and neck stiffness.
Proper treatment will require a comprehensive clinical examination supported by relevant investigations.
At the Pain Relief Clinic, we offer on-site X-rays, CT scans, MRIs and blood investigations to help determine the cause of your headache.
If you are suffering from headaches, or if your condition has not improved despite standard treatments, we are able to help.
Simply call us at +65 6732 2397
or leave a message below for Dr Tan to discuss a customized non-invasive solution for you.
Ask Dr Tan a Question about your problem
THE PAIN RELIEF PRACTICE
Dr. Terence Tan
Pain Association of Singapore,
Singapore Medical Association
Call for Appointments
350 Orchard Road
#10-00 Shaw House
Medical Suites @ Orchard
Singapore 238 868